… or the answer to the question, what you can and cannot do with the stuff on my website. If not explicitly stated otherwise on the individual page or in the PDF file, the templates, images, and texts on this website are published under a “Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivatives 4.0 International” license. This means:
- You may use the content of this website for personal use
- You may share the content of this website non-commercially, provided that you properly attribute it
- You may not create derivative works
- You may not use it commercially
- Printing a template, building the model and putting it on your desk at work is ok
- Downloading a PDF and sending it to a friend or relative is ok
- Including a picture from this website on your website is ok, if you link back to my website
- Downloading and including a PDF from this website on your website is technically ok, if you link back to my website, however I’d strongly prefer that you link to the PDF on my site. The reaon is that sometimes I update / improve the templates, and in this way the improvement will be shared with your users as well (and I’m paying for the bandwidth for the download)
- Building models from this website and selling them, even for a charity event, is not ok. If you want to use my work for charity, please get in touch with me. If you are getting funding in a charity event, that is a commercial activity.
- Charging money for my models, either as online printables or as printed hardcopies, is not ok.
- Using my models to promote a company is not ok. However, I’d be happy to help you promote your company on a commission basis. Send me a message, and we can talk – you will be surprised how affordabel your own custom-made goodies can be).
- Taking my models and replacing the attribution, adding your own address, links, or names is not ok.
Most people who use the things on this website behave very well – they don’t try to make money off of it, they link back to my website and/or mention me when using the templates offline, and some leave very kind and friendly comments. To all of you who play by the rules, I’d like to say a big “Thank You“!
However, a tiny minority acts like there are no rules. I have seen my work published elsewhere under a different name, even with all references to my website being edited out and replaced by links to other sites.
If you do that, please understand that you are undermining the very basis of free content on the internet. If we who create such content are bereft of any attribution and recognition, we will stop making such content. And if it is easier to get recognition (and sometimes very substantial advertising revenue) from stolen content, the internet economy will turn towards recycling what’s already there, rather than creating new things. Which, in the long run, is bad for everybody.
If you want to use artwork and models from this website commercially, please send me a message and I’ll be happy to discuss a commercial license.