My daughter is the proud owner of a loom. Recently her interest in the loom was rekindled by a school project, and as we wanted to start working with the loom again, we noticed that one part was missing. A wooden bar with slits which keeps the individual threads nicely separated, so that the shuttle can go above every second one, and below every other second one. This part certainly has a nice and professional name among those skilled in the trade, but I don’t have a clue what’s it called.
Anyway, since it was nowhere to be found and an extensive search of house and garden didn’t turn up anything (as expected), I took it upon me to print one. The model was quickly done in Blender, as it is just a bar with regularly spaced slits.
Printing took about 4 hrs, but the result was quite nice (in bright orange PLA):